Thursday, August 6, 2015

#IKEAcatalogus :: launch @Paviljoen Puur


Yesterday I've been to Diemen {very close to Amsterdam but completely dipped in the greens} to attend the Ikea press day, for the 2016 catalogue launch.
I was in good company, starting from my two partners in crime Anki and Lonneke and has been the occasion to see again other bloggers friends.
In the unique atmosphere of Paviljoen Puur, an historic site that includes bunkers used in late 19th century, we had the great opportunity to see a glimpse of the new collection, followed by a lovely brunch coordinated by the famous chef Robert Kranenborg and tried to bring out our inner artist with an artistic workshop.

Food and creativity have been the main subjects: food as connection, as joy to stay together and mix different cultures and traditions. And here they already won over me: I'm italian, eat well is a priority for me. Creativity as expression of freedom: I loved the big tables full of supplies and the experimentations with the black ink. It reminded me the years I spent at the art school, playing with techniques and creating without minding too much, just following the flow. So, a win-win for me! As soon as I'll be able to frame them, I will show you my two drawings, Constellation I and Constellation II.

Thanks to Annique and to all the Ikea staff for organizing this brillant event, has been an honor be part of it.


Ieri sono stata a Diemen {molto vicino ad Amsterdam, ma completamente immerso nel verde} per partecipare al lancio del catalogo Ikea 2016.
Ero in buona compagnia, a partire dalle mie due complici Anki e Lonneke ed è stata l'occasione per rivedere altre amiche blogger.
Nell'atmosfera unica del Paviljoen Puur, un sito storico che comprende bunker utilizzati nel tardo 19° secolo, abbiamo avuto la grande opportunità di vedere uno scorcio della nuova collezione, seguito da un brunch incantevole coordinato dal famoso chef Robert Kranenborg e abbiamo cercato di tirare fuori il nostro artista interiore con un laboratorio di pittura creativa.

Il cibo e la creatività sono stati i temi principali: cibo come collegamento, come gioia di stare insieme e mescolare culture e tradizioni diverse. E qui praticamente mi avevano già conquistata: sono italiana, mangiare bene è una priorità per me. Creatività invece come espressione di libertà: ho molto apprezzato i grandi tavoli pieni di materiale creativo e le sperimentazioni con l'inchiostro nero. Mi hanno ricordato gli anni trascorsi alla scuola di grafica, quando si giocava con le tecniche e si creava senza pensarci troppo su, seguendo l'istinto. 
Un evento quindi che per quanto mi riguarda è stato un grande successo! Appena riuscirò a incorniciarli vi mostrerò i miei due disegni, Constellation I e Constellation II.

Grazie ad Annique e a tutto lo staff Ikea per l'organizzazione di questo evento, è stato un onore farvi parte.


Picture styling: Ilaria Chiaratti for 
IDA Interior LifeStyle, 2015.
All images of this post are styled & shot by me. 
Thank you for sharing/ linking / pinning with love & care.

No comments:

Post a Comment