Wednesday, March 9, 2016

New kitchen ideas


After all the works and efforts we put in the kitchen, I thought it was finally done. But I was wrong and I think it's time to open a new file.
The little breakfast corner is now used mostly from Enea, and in this period of his life is starting to eat by himself {at least he tries!}, so you can imagine the mess. I bought this plastic sheet for the floor from Ikea, but the wall is often dirty. So I'm evaluating a solution for that wall, how to protect it. I don't want to use tiles because I don't want to mix it with the pegboard; the wallpaper is not a good idea because I'm afraid the maintenance is worst than the wall as it is now. Paint that portion in a dark color {like black and maybe using the chalkboard paint} is out of question: I'm afraid the day I'll want to go back to white it will be a nightmare. 
In the end I think the possible solution is one: use another piece of pegboard or plywood and paint it using the black chalkboard paint. To help to visualize the right solution {and to understand which portion of wall involve} I used Photoshop, and this is the result. 
Would you like to help me to decide? Which solution do you prefer? Or maybe do you have other suggestions?


Dopo tutti i lavori e gli sforzi che abbiamo messo nella cucina, ad un certo punto ho pensato che fosse finalmente finita. Ma mi sbagliavo e credo sia arrivato il momento di aprire un nuovo file.
Il piccolo angolo colazione è ora utilizzato per lo più da Enea, e in questo periodo della sua vita sta cominciando a mangiare da solo {almeno ci prova!}, quindi potete immaginare il caos. All'Ikea ho comprato questo foglio di plastica per proteggere il pavimento, ma il muro è spesso sporco. Così sto valutando una soluzione per quel muro, come proteggerlo insomma. Non voglio usare piastrelle perché non voglio fare un mix con la vicina pegboard; una carta da parati non è una buona idea, perché ho paura che la manutenzione sia peggiore rispetto al muro come è adesso. Dipingere quella porzione di colore scuro {magari nero e utilizzando la vernice lavagna} è fuori discussione: temo che il giorno in cui vorrò tornare al bianco sarà un incubo.
Alla fine credo che la soluzione possibile sia una: utilizzare un altro pezzo di pegboard o di compensato e dipingerlo utilizzando la vernice lavagna nera. Per aiutarmi a visualizzare la giusta soluzione {e per capire quale parte di muro coinvolgere} ho usato Photoshop, e questo è il risultato.
Volete aiutarmi a decidere? Quale soluzione preferite? O forse avete altri suggerimenti?


before

after

Picture styling: Ilaria Chiaratti for 
IDA Interior LifeStyle, 2016.
All images of this post are styled & shot by me. 
Thank you for sharing/ linking / pinning with love & care.


No comments:

Post a Comment