Thursday, November 19, 2015

DIY :: funny toilet sign


It sounds silly, but I'm afraid to lock myself in the bathroom. I'm not worry to don't be able to go out, I'm only a bit concerned something can go wrong while I'm taking a shower and nobody can enter and help me. I suffer low pressure and I like to have super warm showers, so the combination is not ideal!

When it's just us it's ok, but when we have guests it can be embarrassing. 
So I made this funny sign, the open eye means the bathroom is free, the other one means it's busy. I didn't want a typical toilet sign {we're not in a pub after all!} and so I came up with this idea. I painted a cork coaster and with a pencil I drawn the eyes {I took inspiration from the eyes from this poster}, I added a clip and a pair of wooden beads as embellishment.
No more awkward situations!


Sembra sciocco, ma ho paura di chiudermi in bagno. Non sono preoccupata di non essere in grado di uscire, la mia paura è che qualcosa possa andare storto mentre sto facendo la doccia e nessuno può entrare e aiutarmi. Soffro di pressione bassa e mi piace fare docce estremamente calde, quindi la combinazione non è l'ideale!

Quando siamo solo noi non ci sono problemi, ma quando abbiamo ospiti può essere imbarazzante. Quindi ho realizzato questo divertente cartello, l'occhio aperto significa che il bagno è libero, l'altro significa che è occupato. Non volevo qualcosa di troppo classico {non siamo in un pub, dopo tutto!} e così mi è venuta questa idea. Ho dipinto un sottopentola di sughero e con un pennarello ho disegnato gli occhi {ho preso spunto dagli occhi di questo poster}, ho aggiunto una clip e un paio di perline di legno come abbellimento.
Mai più situazioni imbarazzanti!




Picture styling: Ilaria Chiaratti for 
IDA Interior LifeStyle, 2015.
All images of this post are styled & shot by me. 
Thank you for sharing/ linking / pinning with love & care.

No comments:

Post a Comment